Here are some pros and cons you need to know if you are intending to hire a private piano teacher through a website or a music teacher agency.
Here are some cons:
- Some agencies can take multiple days just to respond to your enquiry. If you are not in a hurry, that is ok, but this is still quite annoying, especially when you need to follow up with them for something urgent.
- There are a number of agencies online on Google, however, some of them are operated only by part time business owners. This means that if you bump into such an agency, you will take very long to get any response to any question you may have. Therefore, it is partly dependent on luck if you manage to find an agency (hint hint: like ours) which is operated by full time working staff for you.
Here are some pros:
- You get the advantage of choice between many different independent music teachers in Singapore to choose from, although usually one is allocated to you based on your requirements and demands. If you tried to engage a teacher by yourself, you gain only access to that one piano teacher’s contact. However, if you approach us, we can help you find many good teachers, and match you up with the best teacher of them all.
- It is increasingly harder to find piano teachers on your won. This is because if you do not have friends or family members who know piano teachers, you may find it difficult to get recommendations. However, most piano teachers also work with agencies, hence you are well poised to find a good teacher through an agency instead.
- You don’t actually get any mark ups. Agencies’ services are always free for students or parents looking for teachers for their children. They only charge the teachers. Whatever rate that is quoted to you is the actual rate that the teacher will charge, even if you had found the teacher through some classified ads by yourself.
- A good agency verifies their teacher’s certifications e.t.c., and sorts through the various music teachers and only works and matches up students with the best piano teachers.
Here’s a big final tip that you should know if you are hiring a private piano teacher through an agency: most teachers find their students through agencies, and the agencies simply represent the teachers they have in their database. The goal is to make sure that whichever agency you approach, they first look at what you want, what you need, and then recommend based on that. If an agency straightaway pushes you a particular teacher without figuring out your needs or wants, you can be rest assured that is an unethical agency. A good agency will take the efforts to find out your interests for the student, before providing a suitable recommendation based on location/teacher/grade requirements e.t.c.
If you truly want to engage a good teacher through Singapore’s top rated agency, then contact us here today.