Having your child go for piano lessons has benefits far beyond that of just being able to play the music instrument. Taking piano lessons and mastery of the piano has been linked to improvement in the amount of grey matter in a person’s brain. And, the more grey matter a child has in his mind, the more likely it is that the person has a greater IQ.
Do you know what important implication this means for parents in Singapore? Instead of being a typical kiasu parent that sends their children to 20 different tuition classes, just send him or her to tuition classes for his or her 1 to 2 weaker subjects, and then send him or her to piano lessons instead!
Remember, if your child is good at math as a result of you sending him or her to regular math tuition, it does not mean that your child will be good at other subjects. This also does not mean that your child will be smarter, he or she will at most become book smart!
However, if you send your children for piano classes, what happens is that your child will potentially become smarter – and many studies have shown high correlation between piano students and smarter students. If your child is smarter, not only will he or she perform better in most subjects in school, he or she will also perform very well in future as well regardless of his or her career path! This is because being smart is always a good thing, no matter what your child wants to be in future.
Sending your child for piano lessons in Singapore is always a good choice if you want your child’s academic performance to improve, and his or her future career to be great!
If you are looking for a piano teacher agency to help your child look for his or her ideal piano teacher, then make sure to contact us today!
First of all, congratulations on deciding to become a pianist or having your child be a pianist!
So, what is the average music classes’ price in SG?
Here is a quick look at the average prices that piano teachers in Singapore charge in table format so it is easier for you:
Piano Grade – Duration – Prices and Fees
Beginners – 45 mins – $130 to $160
One – 45 mins – $140 to $170
Two – 45 mins – $150 to $180
Three – 45 mins – $160 to $190
Four – 45 mins – $170 to $200
Five – 60 mins – $190 to $240 (Notice there is a jump from 45 minute lessons to 60 minute lessons here)
Six – 60 mins – $200 to $260
Seven – 60 mins – $220 to $280
Eight – 60 mins – $240 to $330
Diploma – 60 mins – $280 to $400
* Above table prices last updated: 27th May 2019
* As you can tell from the above table, grade 1 prices for students in Singapore are generally around $130 to $170 for 4 lessons a month, and increases up till around $280 to $330 a month for four grade 8 music classes.
* You may also notice that the lesson duration for beginners up to grade 4 ABRSM piano lessons are 45 minutes in length, while that jumps up to 60 minutes for higher grades.
When it comes to Singapore’s piano lesson prices and rates, it can vary a fair bit.
Here are 4 factors affecting price (relating to the STUDENTS):
- The PURPOSE of the lessons (for exams or casual lessons) – Lesson fees in Singapore are dependent on whether the student wants to take casual lessons and learn casually or take intensive piano lessons for the purpose of passing the ABRSM graded piano examinations.
- GRADE you or your child is taking – When it comes to music classes for the piano ABRSM examinations in Singapore, the rates will also differ and increase over the years based on the grade you are taking now because of inflation.
- AGE of the student – Adult lessons may be more expensive (depending on the teacher) because most adults only take a few lessons or only want to learn a few songs for a personal reason. Children tend to learn piano over the long term and so more favourable rates are provided for children lessons generally speaking.
- PLACE of lesson – Most parents having the teacher come over to their place to teach their child lessons. However, there are some parents who prefer the child to go to the teacher’s home studio. Those who require the teacher to travel to their place usually need to pay more by approximately $10 to $30 a month. (However, the range still usually falls within the price ranges stated in the table below)
Here are 3 factors affecting rates (relating to the TEACHER):
- Whether the teacher is a PART TIME or FULL TIME teacher – If the teacher is full time, they are usually more experienced and thus will charge more. Likewise, if the teacher only teaches music lessons part time, then usually they tend to charge less due to less experience.
- QUALIFICATIONS of the tutor – Teachers with higher qualifications usually tend to charge more. For instance, if teacher A has a Diploma certificate or perhaps even Masters, then he/she will usually charge more than teacher B who has only Grade 8. This is not always the case but usually the case.
- LENGTH of teaching career – Those who have been in the industry and actively providing piano lessons have more experience, and so their rates and prices per lesson are usually commensurate with their experience. Or in this case, length of their teaching career.
>> Contact us here if you want to know the best rate for you or your child’s lesson requirements. <<